Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Long Time Comin'

So it has been months since I have updated this little guy. No I haven't forgotten about it, but as it as tends to occur, life happens and it was pushed by the wayside. I got the urge to update today as I was driving back up to school mid Spring break, after a kind of a rough and tumble morning. I was having one of those "Bad Days" and Literally felt like I had a tiny rain cloud following me everywhere I went. Here was the rundown:
My car was having issues which = lots of money I had no intention of spending, I have to borrow my moms car and drive back to switch with her later this week, I have unreal amounts of schoolwork to do that just keeps piling up, Cant go to a trip to Jacksonville that I was REALLY looking forward to, and to top it all off, I get back up to St. Pete park the car and realize that I dont have my house key because they are on my keys at home in Naples a couple hours away.... kjdhajkdshfjlkasdjkhjk.

I then got to thinking, lock it up Kate. This is nowhere near a bad day. Were these menial things annoying? Yes. Unexpected? Yes. Made me a pouty mess? Yes. But bad day? No.
I think as a regular Joe, we are lucky if we only have a few of those "bad days". The ones that shake you to the core, make you weak in the knees and feel like someone has just ripped out your insides. My Grandmother passing away while I was in London, and I was alone unable to come home, that was a bad day. The news of thousands losing their lives in the tsunami, bad day, But having car problems and stressing about missing a weekend getaway? Its almost laughable now.

I am constantly letting things pile up and then let myself all too easily get overwhelmed. I need to remind myself that when I start to get that anxiety feeling, to take a step back, think about how ridiculously good I have it, and then keep on keepin on. Honestly half of the things that come my way, I am convinced are a huge cosmic joke. For example after my craptastic annoying morning, I finally get the keys to my place and check the mail, this print was waiting for me.



Seriously the "Keep Calm" made me crack up as it was literally the opposite of my 'tude this AM. Nothing like a little afternoon crafting and terrible tv to lift those spirits.

Overall recap: My morning + reality check + the cute frame and Gator flair I now have on my wall + the afternoon wine I am going to drink while studying = GOOD DAY!

Welp that was my welcome back rant, I promise to not be such a stranger. Also for those of you that are wondering, no, I am not changing the name of my blog as I will be RETURNING to jolly old England in just a few more months. Lets just say I am SO. FREAKING. EXCITED.

Cheers y'all!






P.S. Several people have asked where the frame is from, it is Ikea and the print is from GatorBride and I just had some fabric laying around that I used to back it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who drinks wine while studying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY! You're back! I must say it's about time. :)

    ReplyDelete