Saturday, September 18, 2010

On a somber note.

This is not the peppiest of posts but very much needed.

Reality calls. After hearing very tragic news of a dear friend from college and that of someone from middle and high school I am feeling as though I need a reality check. Cherish every second with the ones you love. Enjoy every laugh, tear, fight, reunion, and kind words... or for that matter crass words that made you squirm (but laugh on the inside). The world acts in mysterious ways that we cannot explain and certainly never even want to or imagine why. Every moment is a gift. Live it up and tell the ones you love how you really feel. Forgive, forget and move on.

I have to admit, I am not very religious so I cannot pull a perfect psalm that is beautiful and fitting, but I do know Clapton (thanks dad)

"Beyond the door
There's peace I'm sure.
And I know there'll be no m
ore...
Tears in heaven "


2 comments: